CATONSVILLE COUGARS YOUTH TRACK & FIELD CLUB
Come RACE with us!
For girls and boys 7 – 18 years of age who want to experience competitive running in a low-pressure environment. Our focus is on continual self-improvement and developing a love for a fitness activity that can last a lifetime. It’s your chance to run, jump, throw and learn a great sport!
- 3 practices per week, MWF 6-7:30pm beginning April 9th and lasting through July.
Catonsville High School Track (any location changes due to conflicting CHS sporting events will be announced, usually moving practice over to the CCBC Track)
- 2-4 per month, most meets are on the weekends, usually Saturdays (Baltimore County, Columbia, PG Co.) with some Sundays. These are open invitationals with varying levels of competition, but all levels of experience are welcome. We expect runners to participate in meets, but understand everyone cannot make every meet. Meets usually start the last weekend in April or first weekend in May, and our last meet is usually mid-July. Runner entry fees for meets requiring pre-registration are covered by the team. Other 'day of' registration meets may require a nominal runner fee.
- Junior Olympics: The team is a USATF club and participates in the USATF Junior Olympics in June. This is a multi-level tournament, where everyone can participate in the first local meet, and the top 5-8 finishers in each event can advance to Association, Regional,and even National competitions!
- Register online until March 31st at https://www.youthleaguesusa.com/crpc/17-18/Welcome.html
-After March 31, late registrations will be wait listed and considered on a case-by-case basis.
- 2018 cost $95.00 including USATF registration and uniform. ($65 if you already have a uniform that fits)
- Due to a change in supplier, stay tuned for information about uniform fitting/sizing.
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate is required by USATF for proof of age before participating in any track meets. (Returning athletes have a birth certificate on file.) Copies may be brought to the first practice, clear digital copies are acceptable as well.
Youth Track (#300)
Looking to join other great employees for Rec & Parks?
Rec & Parks Council
Did you know that all of our memembers and coaches are volunteers? Are you interested in becoming a volunteer for Rec & Parks? Here is your chance!
Council Board members and contact information. Additional information on program leaders as well. Meeting Minutes can be found here from the current year.